Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Backyard Babies

Okay, okay...these pictures weren't really taken in our backyard; they were shot in the "sideyard" between our house and our neighbor's house.  Jim came home early from work tonight (which rarely happens), so we took the twins outside and into the grass after their dinner.  Neither one of them was too enthused.  Will, in particular, could have done without the experience.  The entire neighborhood was serenaded by his screams and cries of torture when I set him down in the grass, walked away, and then called for him to crawl to me.  Jim held Maddie on his lap onto she seemed to warm up to the idea of sitting down in the grass on her own, which she eventually did for a few minutes!  She even crawled a few feet to get to me, but it was clear that she was very unsure about the feel of the grass on her skin.  Will never did come around to the idea of sitting and crawling in the grass, but it may have been that he was just tired. 

Will may have hated this evening's trip into the "sideyard", but I liked it simply for the pictures that I came away from it with!  I'm in love with my new lens!

He's smiling here because he's sitting on the driveway.

Still on the driveway...

On the grass and terrified.

"Why, Mama, why?!?"

So sad.

Checking out the grass

Gaining some confidence...

"I'm SOOOO big!!!  This grass stuff is no big deal!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment