Finally! Warm, dry weather and healthy babies! This week found us outside - taking walks with the stroller and the wagon, sitting (and crying) in the grass, and watching cars pass by while relaxing in new Adirondack chairs. A majority of the week's pictures were taken outside, which comes as a welcome change after a long, cold winter!
I haven't switched lenses since receiving my new 50 mm for Mother's Day, and don't think that I plan to anytime soon. I LOVE it! It took a day or two to adjust to the fact that it has no zoom functionality, but now I think I've got the hang of it!
 |
134/365: A Beautiful Morning for a Wagon Ride!
With the twins finally feeling better and with the long-awaited arrival of warm, dry weather, the twins and I headed outside for a short stroll with the wagon before morning nap on Tuesday morning. We enjoyed the walk so much that we did the same on Wednesday and Thursday!
|
 |
135/365: Who's Afraid of the Green, Green Grass?
Neither Maddie nor Will have warmed up much to the grass after their initial encounter with it on Wednesday evening. I can't say that I blame them - I don't like sitting in grass either. It leaves me itchy for hours! |
 |
136/365: Lord of the Manor
Before retiring for the evening, our little Lord surveyed the land from his perch at our front door. Then, he lifted his shirt for all to see his big baby belly. |
 |
137/365: Favorite Book
It's become a daily routine for Maddie to crawl to her daddy with Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and drop it in his lap for him to read to her. She follows along with excitement and interest. Maddie has even taken to saying "duck" ("duh") when Daddy turns to the page that features the yellow duck. When the book ends, Maddie takes it from Daddy and pages through it again on her own...until Will crawls over and on top of the book. |
 |
138/365: Wastin' Time
During one of our three trips to the grocery store on Saturday, we happened upon some small, plastic Adirondack chairs. I lifted two down off the shelf, placed them on the floor next to the stroller, and asked the twins if they would like the chairs. They answered with a resounding, "Aaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!" We took that as a "Yes!" We put the chairs on the front porch when we got home and sat a twin in each. The smile on Will's face shows just how much he and Maddie loved the chairs. They've spent some time in them each day since, just wastin' time watching people and cars pass by. |
 |
139/365: Looking Back
We've been making good use of our wagon since the twins received it as a birthday present from their Mimi and Papa! On Sunday, Jim pulled the wagon while I followed behind, capturing this adorable smile from Will. |
 |
140/365: Bleeding Hearts
I planted a few Bleeding Heart plants in our front yard several years ago, but only one of them has returned each spring since planting. I caught it just before sunset tonight, and snapped this picture of its delicate pink blooms. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment