Things are looking up in the Auerbach household; this week was a definite improvement over last. Maddie's fever FINALLY broke (though her nose is still draining), we've been soaking up sunshine on walks with the stroller and wagon, and we enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!
We got a little taste of what our summer days might bring when I stayed home from school on Tuesday. After four days with a fever, Maddie's temperature finally returned to normal on Tuesday morning. But because she had had a fever just the day less than 24 hours before, we could not send her to daycare without risking that she would infect others. Maddie, Will, and I spent the sunny, warm day listening and dancing to music, enjoying an indoor picnic, taking the first stroll with the new wagon, and playing with toys. Not a bad way to pass the day! I think that I could do with a few more days like that!
The countdown to summer vacation is ON!
 |
127/365: Indoor Picnic
Although it was warm and sunny on Tuesday morning, I decided that an INDOOR picnic was the more realistic choice with two very mobile 1 year-olds. As it turned out, the indoor picnic was chaotic enough - Will refused to keep his snack in his cup and kept insisting on taking his sister's Yogurt Melts. |
 |
128/365: An Early Morning Drive
Recently, Maddie and Will have BOTH rediscovered the Fisher Price driver that they had received for Christmas, which has led to some brutal battles to get to it first. On Wednesday morning, Maddie beat out Will for the first turn, but soon after this picture was taken, Will moved in for his try! |
 |
129/365: Funny Face
I should probably take responsibility for this funny face - I have shown both Maddie and Will how to hold the cover to the drum and instrument set in the background up to their faces to peer through. I may have even shown them how to make funny faces while holding the cover in front of their faces. Now, I wouldn't dare bring that cover to my own face! It's surely smeared with tears, snot, spit, and drool! |
 |
130/365: A Little Cat Nap in the Car
On Friday morning, Maddie accompanied her brother, Daddy, and me in a visit to Children's Hospital, where Will's birthmark was examined for any growth and/or change. During the appointment, both twins grew visibily tired. By the time we left the hospital, Maddie couldn't stop yawing and rubbing her eyes! She quickly fell asleep in the car, and was able to get a decent cat nap in before we arrived back at home. |
 |
131/365: Mother's Day Brunch
On Saturday, we celebrated an early Mother's Day with our families. First up was brunch at Louise's with Jim's family. We were the first to arrive. When Maddie started to get a little restless while waiting to eat, Jim took her over to the window to look outside. They watched as Deb and Joan arrived in the cold and the wind. |
 |
132/365: Mother's Day Wagon Ride
Sunday's wind and cold forced us to cancel our tentative plans to visit the Botanical Gardens and to take a quick walk around the block instead. Because I was anxious to take some pictures using the new lens that Jim, Maddie, Will, and Bailey gave me, Jim pulled the wagon for most of the walk so that I could trail behind, taking photos as I pleased. |
 |
133/365: Such a Ham!
You wouldn't guess by looking at this picture that Will was cranky just minutes before! That boy sure does like to ham it up for the camera! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment