Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Project 365: Week Twenty-One

It didn't dawn on me until earlier today that the twenty-first week of the year ended yesterday as opposed to today.  That Memorial Day can really throw a person off schedule, ya know? 

Over the course of this project, I have found that there are some weeks during which I just adore the pictures that I took and submitted.  Week Twenty was one of those weeks.  Then there are other weeks during which I feel just so-so about my submissions.  Week Twenty-One was just such a week.  I like the pictures seen below (I HAVE to...most of them of are my children!), but I like them just fine.  I'm not in LOVE with any of them as I have fallen in love with other pictures that I've taken. 

I'm especially disappointed with the pictures that I took during our trip to the zoo on Sunday - I switched out my 50mm for the kit lens before we left, and then regretted that decision once we were there.  I never had a problem with my kit lens before trying the 50mm, and now I can see that it has its flaws.  I definitely understand now why photographers upgrade to better lenses.  Pictures were also challenging to take at the zoo with the kiddos in the stroller for the majority of our visit.  When they weren't in the stroller, we were each holding one.  Have you ever tried to take a picture while simultaneously holding and controlling a wild, thrashing toddler?!?  It's nearly impossible! 

The good news is that with a zoo pass, we'll be making LOTS of trips to the zoo this summer, which means I'll have LOTS of photo opportunities! 

141/365:  Getting All Her Ducks In a Row

Maddie literally and figuratively loves to get all her ducks in a row.  She is constantly sorting and organizing, taking toys out of baskets and putting them back in.  On Tuesday night, she spent some of her bath time lining up her rubber ducks on the side of the tub.  She was pretty serious about it, as you can see by the look on her face in the photo.   

142/365:  Peek-a-Boo in a Box

I had to cheat on this one!  Would you believe that I took not a single picture on Wednesday?!?  I don't know what happened!  In any case, I had to use a picture that I took on Thursday afternoon as the twins played in yet another box. 

143/365:  Sidelight

On Thursday evening, Will sat in front of one of our sidelights, watching for his daddy to come home.  This picture is perfect...aside from the box of diapers in the background.

144/365:  The Peanut Gallery

Now that they have gotten a taste of outdoor play, it seems that Maddie and Will ALWAYS want to go outside!  When my mom stopped by on Friday afternoon, the twins again had the itch to get outside.  We put their chairs on the front lawn and sat them in the chairs to enjoy the sunshine and the view of the passing people and cars. 

145/365:  The Boy Who Lived in the Cupboard

I recently moved all of the twins' dishware to a cabinet that they can easily access if we leave it unlocked.  On Saturday, I found that the cabinet and the plastic dishes inside kept Will occupied for a long time.  It is hard to find an activity or toy that keeps Will busy for more than 7 seconds, so I must admit that I enjoyed the calm as he played with the bowls and plates that he found in the cabinet.  I think that I just might keep that cabinet unlocked more often than not!

146/365:  Hello, Rhino

On Sunday, Jim and I took the twins to the zoo for a short visit between naps.  It was fairly busy at the zoo, with many taking advantage of the sunny, cool weather.  It was difficult for the twins to get a view of some of the animals while seated in their stroller; they probably got the best look at the bears, giraffes, and the rhinoceros. 

147/365:  Snuggle Puppy

Both Will and Maddie have recently begun to show love for their stuffed animals by giving them hugs and kisses.  After we returned from the zoo and the twins had had a nap to recover, I took them for a walk in their wagon.  I threw the stuffed animal souvenirs that we had bought at the zoo in the wagon with them.  Will held the zebra in a tight embrace for the entire ride.  On Monday, I caught Will in an especially precious moment with the Learning Puppy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment