Shortly before Maddie and Will were born, we bought a DSLR. We knew that we would be taking more pictures and video than ever before, and we wanted a camera that would be easy to use if shooting in automatic but would allow me to do more if/when I wanted to learn how to shoot manually. After some research, we settled on a Canon T3i.
Until recently, I have not left the comfort of shooting in automatic. I just haven't taken the time to tinker around with the camera or to learn more about photography. Although it isn't a "formal" resolution, I decided that I wanted to get to know my camera better and to venture out of the comfort zone of the automatic setting in this New Year. I ordered several photography books with gift cards that I had received for Christmas, and vowed to actually read them. I haven't started yet...but I will soon.
I also decided to join a Project 365 (A photo-a-day journal) . I had considered it in years past, but never pulled the trigger on joining a group. When I stumbled upon a Project 365 at Peas and Carrots Studio, I decided to go for it and join. What better way to practice photography than by committing to take a daily photo?
Now one week in, I have upheld my end of the "agreement" to take a picture each day (I've actually taken many photos each day, but have only edited and posted one per day to the group's Facebook site and Flickr page. I must admit that I felt some pressure to take a picture to upload to the Project pages on one or two days this past week. On other days, when I was taking pictures for a special occasion anyways, choosing one to upload was an easy task.
As much as I love taking pictures of the babies, I would like to challenge myself to take pictures of other subjects as well as I move forward with the project. I can't promise that a majority of the pictures won't be of the twins (They are a BIG part of my life, you know...), but I'd like to sprinkle in some other subjects here and there.
I did not venture far from the automatic setting this week, but I promise that I will! I also took a couple of the following pictures with my phone, as it is always within an arm's reach.
My intention is to upload the Project pictures here on a weekly basis. I hope to be able to keep up with it as the year passes!
 |
1/365: Happy New Year
Things got a little silly when Jim and Mike ransacked my box of party supplies on New Year's Eve. I pulled the box out for just the hats, but they pulled out horns, masks, balloons, and margarita glasses! Here, Jim displays all of his finds. |
 |
2/365: Happy
A co-worker gave us this small rocking chair last spring. It sits in the nursery and typically holds two stuffed owls. Recently, the twins have begun to crawl towards the chair and pull themselves up on it. On Wednesday night, I sat Maddie in the chair. She rocked out with such enthusiasm! |
 |
3/365: Show-Off
Having taken a picture of Maddie the night before, I figured I ought to snap a picture of Will on Day 3. Will has been holding his own bottle for some time now, and will even hold it in one {giant} hand at times! We accuse him of being a show-off in front of Maddie, who is finally beginning to hold her own bottle.
|
 |
4/365: Naughty
I couldn't forget to capture Bailey in the first shots of 2013! On Friday night, I picked up two fish fry dinners from Albanese's for Jim and me. While we ate, Bailey begged for some table scraps by jumping up on our legs or on the table (as shown above). After I finished eating, I took this picture of him from behind as he looked on to a piece of bread.
|
 |
5/365: Game Day Play
The babies went to bed before the Packers game on Saturday night, but that didn't mean that they couldn't dress in support of the team during the day! Here, Rodgers and Rodgers (aka Will and Maddie) play with toys on the kitchen floor to "warm up" for the big game later that night.
|
 |
6/365: Pretty Present
On Sunday, I gathered with my fellow craft club members for the 1st Annual Craft Club Christmas Craft Exchange. In preparation for the exchange, I had made seven T-shirt scarves using T-shirts collected from our closet and our family members' closets. After a delicious brunch, we exchanged the gifts we had made for one another. I received two scarves, a Fourth of July wooden block decoration, a framed jewelry holder, and a rice bag that can be used as a heating pad.
|
 |
7/365: Baby Jail
Jim recently installed two baby gates in our house - one at the bottom of the stairs and one on the landing at the top of the stairs. He installed them just in time for our two monkeys to truly begin exploring their surroundings. Tonight, Will waited just inside the baby gate while I made preparations for their sponge baths in the bathroom at the top of the stairs. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment