Monday, January 14, 2013

Project 365: Week Two

The second week of Project 365 has come to a close, and I'm happy to say that I have taken at least one photo (if not many more) every day.  It is not hard to take pictures with two adorable babies in the house!  However, if you'll remember, one of my goals was to take pictures of other people and objects, as I am taking pictures of the babies anyways.  Plus, I want to explore my camera through taking pictures for this project.  These days, I keep my camera set to its Sports setting, as the little rascals are always on the move! 

This week, I took some steps out of my comfort zone.  As you can see, only three of my photographs feature either one of the twins.  I explored the Close-Up setting on the camera, and also learned to play around with the ISO a bit.  I still haven't cracked open any of the photography books that I have neatly stacked on an ottoman, but...I'll get there. 

8/365:  New Favorite

As a part-time teacher who returned to work just four weeks prior to Christmas, I honestly did not expect any Christmas gifts from students this year.  Yet I did receive several gifts from students and their families.  While I immediately regifted or tossed a few (It's the thought that counts, right?), I did keep this beautifully hand painted mug that has quickly become a new favorite of mine.  Last Monday, I enjoyed a cup of Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa in it while the babies were taking their morning nap.
9/365:  Time for a Tune-Up

On Wednesday, the babies and I made the journey to the good ol' cranial clinic for a tune-up.  Will's therapist, Karen, observed that Will's head is shaping up nicely, and shared that he is on track to be dismissed from helmet therapy in early February.  Here, he waits on my lap while Karen adjusts the fit of his helmet.
10/365:  Poppity Pop!

Maddie is all about play these days, and explores every toy that we own.  However, she has developed a particular affinity for her brother's musical dinosaur.  I have already proclaimed her a genius, as she has learned how to retrieve the balls that pop out of the dinosaur's belly and put them right back in!  I am going to place a call to the people at Mensa.
11/365:  January {Rain} Drops

With unseasonably warm temperatures and rain on Friday, I thought to capture the unlikely January weather with the picture above.  I used the Close-Up setting on the camera to achieve this "close-up" view of a Christmas light. 
12/365:  Teething Doesn't Break for Baths

Will and Maddie have been in full-on teething mode for some time now.  EVERYTHING goes straight into their mouths - even in the bathtub.  Here, Maddie tastes a turtle toy!
13/365:  Cold as Ice

I could have selected any number of pictures of the twins for yesterday's photo of the day, as I had snapped quite a few, but I chose instead to "get out of my comfort zone" and head outside for this picture of the layer of snow/ice that covered our patio table.  Again, I used the Close-Up setting of the camera to achieve this shot. 
14/365:  At Least There's Wine

After a long and frustrating afternoon, I indulged in this glass of wine this evening.  The picture was taken with my phone, and isn't necessarily a "good" picture, but it sums up my day fairly well...plus I didn't get any other pictures today. :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment