I am now three weeks in to Project 365, and I still have not neglected to take a picture per day! Again, some days are easier than others; there are definitely days on which I do not snap a single picture on my camera or phone until late into the evening. Saturday was one of those days. Other days, I have already taken, edited, and posted my picture before leaving for school in the morning!
Someone asked the participating members of our project if the goal of the project was for each member to create art or to capture daily life. Thus far, I've done a little bit of both, I think - which was my intention for the project. I hope to both capture ordinary moments AND get to know my camera/hone my photography skills by taking a daily picture.
I was pretty jazzed this week when I was contacted by one of the project's organizers to request if one of this week's pictures could be featured on the Peas and Carrots Studio website as part of the January showcase! I'll post a link to the showcase when it is up at the end of the month. Until then, I'll leave you to guess which one of the following will be included among the selected pictures!
 |
15/365: Standing
Both Maddie and Will are learning to pull themselves up to a standing position using furniture, people, or other objects as support. Though he did not stand on his own on Tuesday, Will did hold himself up nicely (using the basket of toys as support) as I shot a few pictures of him. Shortly after I caught this shot, however, he fell head first into the basket! And, as a good mom would, I took a picture of him with only his legs kicking out of the top of the basket before I rescued him. Later, out of guilt, I deleted the picture. |
 |
16/365: Naptime
For some time now, I have wanted to snap a few pictures of the babies while they were napping, but I hesitated to do so out of fear that I would wake them. On Wednesday, though, I threw caution to the wind and took a few pictures of Maddie in a deep sleep and then got the hell out of there before she woke up. We don't mess with naptime around here! |
 |
17/365: Nine Months
Day 17 was an easy one, as it was the twins' nine month birthday. I knew that the picture that I selected for the project would be one of the pictures that I would take to capture the twins on their "birthday". I took some great ones of the twins individually, but this was the best one that I could get of the two together, and I couldn't choose a picture of just ONE of them to post on their "birthday"! This was as good as it got. |
 |
18/365: My Co-Pilot
On Friday, Jim dropped Bailey off for his first day at camp in over a month. Typically, Jim would then pick him up before returning home in the evening, but I volunteered for the job. With the travel crate in Jim's vehicle, Bailey had to ride up front with me. |
 |
19/365: Nacho Night
On Friday night, Jim and I enjoyed a night out while our nanny stayed with the twins. Before taking in our first movie together since The Descendants last fall, we briefly attended a party at a local Mexican restaurant to celebrate a friend's last day of chemotherapy. We were only able to stay for a drink and for some chips and salsa before dashing off to the theater. On Saturday, we both were craving the Mexican meal that we weren't able to have the night prior, so we opted to make nachos at home. And because I didn't take any other pictures until dinnertime that day, what you see is what you get! |
 |
20/365: Birthday Girl
On Sunday afternoon, we attended Dakota's 5th (What?!? How?!?) birthday party, complete with cake, presents, and balloons. Here, the birthday girl lights up as we sing to her. |
 |
21/365: One Heart
Here's my artsy-fartsy shot for the week. While the childrens were napping on Sunday morning, I set out a few Valentine's Day decorations. I scattered several red glass hearts in the our table centerpiece. Today, I thought I'd play around with taking some pictures of them. This one was my favorite, though I did have to use some tools in Picasa to delete a layer of dust on several of the pebbles surrounding the heart! Oops! I guess I should dust my pebbles more often! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment