Friday, October 11, 2013

A Morning on the Farm

This morning, I threw the twins and their wagon in the car and drove us to Lindner Pumpkin Farm.  I had never visited this farm before, and thus did not know what to expect.  I had wanted to get some pictures of the twins amongst the rows of pumpkins that I had seen from the road in front of the farm, and had thought that we would check out the children's activities and petting zoo.  

Our visit definitely was not what I was anticipating!  It was much less of a "pumpkin farm" experience than I had imagined we would have.  In fact, we couldn't even approach the pumpkins because no wagons were allowed in the area in which the pumpkins were sold!  We could only look at the pumpkins from afar!  A gruff farmer (Mr. Lindner, I presume?) routed us toward the "Big Backyard", which could only be accessed by walking through the petting zoo and past the hungry goats that frightened Will.

The "Big Backyard" featured old time playground equipment, a "race track", a giant slide, duck races, and a corn maze.  The twins were too small for the giant slide and the duck races, but they had a ball on the playground equipment and on the race track.  In a moment of foolishness, I pulled them off the playground to walk the corn maze with me.  Shortly after we started our trek through the maze, I found myself carrying both the twins (We had to ditch the wagon at the entrance to the maze.).  I carried them to the finish, thinking all the while that the corn maze was going to be a lot shorter than it actually was!  

After a final ride on the merry-go-round and around the race track, I had to wrestle the twins back into the wagon to leave the farm.  Will was particularly unhappy to go, but both he and Maddie calmed down enough to wave "Good-bye" and blow kisses to the farm by the time we got to the car.  

It wasn't the farm experience that I had been anticipating, but Maddie and Will had a blast at Lindner Farm. 

We left the pumpkin farm without a single pumpkin picture.

I'm okay with that.












0 comments:

Post a Comment