The forty-third week of Project 365 brought the 300th day of 2013, the twins' first experience with trick-or-treating, the departure of our air shipment to the Netherlands, and lots of drool and tears from a sick and teething Will. It is hard to believe that just nine weeks remain until the new year; even more difficult to fathom is that we will spend most of those nine weeks in Holland!
 |
295/365: Bathing Beauty
I just adore this picture of Maddie taken during Tuesday night's bath time. She shouldn't have been standing in her bath seat, but her pose (and expression) in this picture is too cute!
|
 |
296/365: Jack O'Lantern
On Wednesday afternoon, I took the twins to Target to buy some goodies to give their cousins for Halloween. Five minutes into our walk through the store, it became clear that I would need to bribe the twins to behave if I wanted to stay in the store long enough to check off all of the items on my shopping list. I shoved a light-up wand into each of their hands and pleaded with them to keep their hands off of each other and to use their inside voices while we remained in the store. The wands worked...for about 2 minutes. I bought them anyways, thinking that they would be fun to try to take pictures of! |
 |
297/365: Window Seat for Two
While Will calls George one of his best friends, Maddie pals around, sleeps, and eats with Dinosaur. On Thursday afternoon, she found a cozy seat for the two of them atop a living room windowsill cluttered with Duplo blocks. Maddie quickly discovered that there was not much room for her to play there without losing her balance and falling off her perch. |
 |
298/365: Teething Troubles
For weeks now, Will has been struggling with teething. His gums are red and raw, and a string of drool seems to constantly hang from his chin. Will seemed especially troubled on Thursday and Friday, when his pacifier and his Mama's arms were his only comforts. |
 |
299/365: Owl Gone AWOL
We spent Saturday morning trick-or-treating at the Milwaukee County Zoo. It was the twins' first experience with trick-or-treating, as they were too young to partake in the festivities last year. When we took the twins out of the wagon to walk for a bit, Maddie decided that she would rather run through the zoo than walk hand-in-hand with me. She left me in her dust to take pictures of her on the loose. |
 |
300/365: Precious Moments
On Sunday evening, our families gathered at our home for dinner to "see us off" before we depart for Europe on Saturday. My mom, who was the first to arrive, was able to spend a few precious moments playing with Maddie and Will. The twins will surely miss their grandma as well as all of their family members while we are away! |
 |
301/365: Trick-or-Leaf?
I spent Monday morning supervising the packing of our belongings into the LDN container that will be shipped to the Netherlands, and though I did take a picture of that container before we parted ways, it wasn't much of a picture. My submission for Day 301 was actually a picture taken today, on Day 302. We had been looking forward to attending a costume party at our local Gymboree this morning, but it was cancelled because of a lack of interest. I decided that I would still put the twins in their costumes for our own Halloween fun here at home. We played with the leaves outside, colored our miniature pumpkins with markers, and listened to some spooky music and stories! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment