Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Project 365: Week Forty

The first week of October - the fortieth week of the year - brought our last trip to the library before our Holland adventure, a visit to the park, a big party for Mimi and Papa, and a trip to the apple orchard.  It looks like I was a bit stuck on vertical shots this week - only one of this week's pictures is shot horizontally.

Aside from when they are restrained in the wagon or stroller, the twins have become increasingly difficult to photograph as they have started to move faster.  I now understand why Amy McManigal of McManigal Photography once said that 18 month-olds are the most difficult to shoot - they just don't want to stay still very long!

274/365:  Behind the Ball

We lost several of our toys to strong winds this summer; a beach ball, an inflatable whale, and a Thomas the Train ball all went missing.  Maddie's Minnie Mouse ball nearly met the same demise, but we rescued it before it rolled down the slope of our backyard into our neighbor's.  

275/365:  Seesaw

On Wednesday, we visited the public library to return our books and to visit the play area one last time before our trip abroad.  It was too beautiful to stay inside, so I decided to skip the indoor play corner and take the twins to the playground in the park that surrounds the library.  There, we spent a good deal of time on the seesaw.  For a while, I sat opposite the twins.  Eventually, though, my legs grew tired and I gave my seat up to a little girl.  As you can see in the picture above, Will was excited to have a new seesaw companion.  Maddie, though, was a bit more skeptical.  

276/365:  Rub-a-Dub-Dub

One of the downfalls to the lens that I received for a Mother's Day gift is that it is a fixed lens, which means that there is no zooming in or out.  In the bathroom, it is difficult to get the twins in the same shot without shooting into the mirror from the hallway.  In an effort to get both of them in the scene, I had to scoot their bath seats closer together.  Will liked just how close he was to his sister, but Maddie...she needs her space.

277/365:  Little Rascal

Will has become quite the little rascal as of late.  He throws his food, pulls his sister's hair, and feeds Bailey food that Bailey should not eat.  He's constantly looking for a reaction, and "testing the boundaries".  I have a feeling that he will continue to test the limits for quite some time.

278/365:  Wallflower

On Saturday, family and friends gathered to celebrate Deb and Steve's 40th anniversary.  At the start of the party, Maddie, who was surely tired and in need of a nap, hung back from any mingling.  She stuck close to Jim and me, and cried when we stepped away from her.  A nap in the car did her some good; she returned to the party in better spirits and ready to move about the crowd.

279/365:  "Do You Want a Bite?"

I had all but given up my wish to visit the apple orchard with the twins this fall when Jim suggested that we take a trip to The Elegant Farmer on Sunday afternoon.  We were a little nervous when we pulled in and saw the size of the crowd, but we quickly learned that we could skip the lines, which were for the corn maze and hayride, and head straight to the orchard.  Shortly after we (Jim) started picking apples, we handed an apple each to Maddie and Will.  Initially, they were content to just hold the apples.  By the time we reached the top of the orchard, though, they were chowing down!  We parked the wagon to allow the twins to eat their apples while Jim picked the rest of the peck and I snapped away.  Unprompted, Will began feeding Maddie his apple, permitting her to take bite after bite.  It was too cute!

280/365:  An Apple a Day

I had every intention to immediately make use of our peck of apples to make an apple crisp or crockpot applesauce, but so far, we have only eaten the apples!  Maddie and Will each enjoyed an apple for an afternoon snack yesterday, and Jim and I have been munching on them as well.  I better get around to doing something more with those apples soon before they're all gone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment