
While I was home recovering after surgery during the months of September and October, I began watching Days of Our Lives again. I had watched the soap with my mom when I was younger. I continued to follow Days through my first years of college, but stopped watching shortly after Marlena was possessed by the devil.
With many of the same characters and some of the same plot lines, it was easy to "catch up" with Days when I began watching again. Jim wonders how I can watch something so ridiculous, and I have to agree. There are many reasons why Days of Our Lives is so silly, but let me provide you with one specific example.
Dr. Daniel Jonas works at University Hospital. While the Days of Our Lives website describes Jonas as a "world-renowned surgeon", he has served as University Hospital's obstetrician-gynecologist, oncologist, and transplant specialist. In fact, he seems to jump in whenever a medical emergency abounds! As far as I can tell, he is one of only 3 doctors working at the hospital (So I suppose it would follow that each doctor would need to take on multiple roles). What makes Jonas' character even more ridiculous is that even with all the surgeries, transplants, and appointments, he still has time for parties and love affairs!
Yet do I stop watching? No! I guess that makes me just as ridiculous as Dr. Jonas.







0 comments:
Post a Comment