Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

At the beginning of each new year, I establish a few resolutions that are inevitably forgotten by the end of January. This year will be different! By publicizing my resolutions here for you to read, I am hopeful that I will carry through with my resolutions (at least through March). My resolutions for the new year are as follows:



1. Use reusable grocery bags instead of accepting the plastic or paper bags from the store.


2. Read at least 1 book each month. It is easy for me to find the time to read during the summer and other vacation periods, but it is more difficult during the school year. I vow to devote more time to reading even if I have to give up some television time! I'm currently reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. At 562 pages, it may take me the month to finish!


3. Walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day 5 days a week.


4. Compete less with others. I should worry less about what others have and be grateful for all the good in my own life. I always tell my kindergarten students, "Worry about yourselves". I should take my own advice and worry about myself.


5. Give more to others in need. Donate time and money to helping others to enjoy better lives.

So, there are my five resolutions for 2009. Perhaps with your help, I can realize at least a few of these goals!

0 comments:

Post a Comment