Nearly 1 month ago, I settled on my resolutions for 2009 and posted them here on GT for you to read. I had hoped that by making my resolutions public, I would strive harder to fulfill the goals. I am happy to report that I am making progress toward meeting some of those goals! Here is a full update:
1. My first resolution was to purchase and use reusable grocery bags instead of accepting the paper or plastic bags at the grocery store. Shortly after setting this resolution, I purchased 6 bags from Pick n' Save. Sadly, I have only used them once since buying them. I am not yet in the habit of pulling the bags from my pantry before going to the grocery store. I have thought about keeping them in my car so that they are readily available even if I stop at the store for a few groceries on the way home from school. Perhaps I would use them more often if I kept them in my trunk.
2. My second resolution was to read at least 1 book each month. I had reported here that I had begun reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle in early January. With report cards to write and American Idol back on the air, I did not get very far into the book; I am only 115 pages in (Remember, it's 566 pages long). I am hopeful that I'll make some progress in reading the book this weekend. I'll have to choose a much shorter book for the month of February!
3. My next resolution was to walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. I am proud to write that I am just 2 days short of meeting this goal! I lost a day when we went to see Metallica in concert (I'm getting too old to go out on a Monday night), but I am determined to make it up this week. I have to admit that I feel better, my buns are tighter, and I get less winded when walking up the three flights of stairs at school!
4. My fourth resolution was to compete less with others. I am certainly more aware of my habit of competing, and am consciously trying to do so less often!
5. The last resolution on my list for 2009 was to give more to others in need. I cannot say that I have given much of anything to anyone in the month of January, though I did recently receive a receipt for the donation that I made to the United Way in the fall - does that count?
In years past, my New Year's resolutions were long forgotten by January. As you have read, I have not forgotten the goals that I set a month ago and am actually making progress toward meeting some of them! Let's see how the month of February goes...
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment