Friday, January 9, 2009

From Curly to Straight and Back Again

I created quite the stir among the students when I wore my hair straight to school this week. Though I had prepared my students beforehand that I would look different, several of my students simply stared at me when they first saw me. One of the kindergartners admitted that he didn't know who I was! Nora, a student that was in my class last year, saw me in the hallway and exclaimed, "Mrs. Auerbach, you look different!" She then "re-introduced" me to Sydney, another student from last year's class.

When I returned to school with curly hair two days later (it takes me so long to straighten my hair that I have to get at least two days out of it), Alexander said, "Mrs. Auerbach, you have your curly hair back on!"

With all the fuss caused by straight hair, can you imagine what would happen if I dyed my hair blonde?!?

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Isn't it funny how much that can shock students. One day my contacts were being fussy and I wore my glasses...you would have thought I had plastic surgery over the weekend. They were in total disbelief and kept commenting on how weird or different I looked throughout the entire day.

Too cute.

Post a Comment