Shortly after all of the guests had arrived, little Miss Dakota insisted that music be turned on and dancing commenced! She pulled each of us into the family room to dance around the room! Dakota twirled around, too, but it seemed like she enjoyed watching her family members act a 'fool more!
After all of that dancing, we had worked up quite the appetite, which we satisfied with scrumptious eats: beef sandwiches, pasta salad, cheesy potatoes, pizza wreath appetizer, won ton appetizers, cheese, veggies, chips and dip, peppermint bark, and more!
Before opening presents, the 2009 Ugly Ornament Contest Entries were revealed, and boy, were there some doozies! Unfortunately, my camera battery was running low and the pictures that I quickly shot of the ornaments came out fuzzy and dark (I knew I should have charged the battery before leaving!). I will post the pictures in a separate entry, but they don't seem to do the actual ornaments justice. Next, we exchanged gifts. It was fun to watch Dakota open and play with her presents. She had so much fun with the toy guitar that we gave her. She's a budding Guitar Hero!
After gifts had been opened and the Ugly Ornament Contest Winner was announced, Sue and Matt treated us all to a slide show depicting pictures from Christmas celebrations through the years. They gave us each a copy of the show on DVD to take home with us. Thanks, Sue and Matt!
I was not able to capture as many photos of the night as I would have liked due to my camera situation; below are a few shots that I managed to get on Christmas Eve:










0 comments:
Post a Comment