As is the tradition, my friends and I celebrated Christmas together on Friday night with dinner and dessert, an ornament exchange, pictures, and fun. It was my turn to host the girls this year; after dinner and drinks out on the town, we returned to my house for a dessert that I had slaved over, girl talk, and goofiness. From a list of suggested restaurants in the area, the girls and I agreed to take our Christmas celebration to Generations at 5 Points, a Tapas-style restaurant in downtown Waukesha. It was our first visit to the restaurant, and for some of us, our first trip to a Tapas restaurant. We ordered and shared 10 different dishes including fried risotto balls, pot stickers, caprese salad, and fried potatoes. We were pleased with most of the appetizers that we sampled. I was surprised to leave the restaurant feeling as full as I did. I hope to return again to try some other dishes (their menu changes each month).
After our delicious dinner, we drove to my house to eat dessert (a torte that took 4 hours to make!), drink some wine, and talk (After the girls left, Jim came downstairs and asked me why we were so loud...I told him that's what happens when girls get together!). We exchanged ornaments (I got another snowman ornament for my snowman-themed tree!) and took our traditional picture in front of the Christmas tree.
Every time the girls and I are together, we find ourselves saying that we should get together more often. Here's hoping that we do just that in the new year! Merry Christmas, girls!







0 comments:
Post a Comment