Sunday, December 13, 2009

Good Eats: Easy Soda Cracker Bars

As recorded in the previous post, Jim and I made a haul in cookies at his Grandma's house today. After helping to bake some of the cookies, Jim and I left Grandma Joan's house with a large container filled with sweet treats, including some of these soda cracker bars. While I like all of Grandma's Christmas cookies, I am partial to these bars. They are pure ooey-gooey goodness! I made them myself once - they were as easy to make as the recipe implies. Of course, they didn't taste as good as Grandma's...

Recipe for: Easy Soda Cracker Bars
From: Grandma Joan

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1 cup crushed soda crackers
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium saucepan, melt butter. Add crushed soda crackers and mix to combine. Spread in 9 x 13 inch pan. Mixture will create a very thin layer.
2. Sprinkle coconut, chocolate chips, and nuts evenly over soda cracker mixture. Pour milk over nuts and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled. Makes 2 dozen bars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment