Knowing that there was good potential for over a foot of snow to fall overnight and for schools to be closed, Jim and I set our alarm to wake us at 5:00 a.m. this morning so that I could check the list of closings and Jim could begin to clear the snow.Upon pulling myself out of bed and checking the list of closings, I was disappointed and angry to find that the Waukesha School District had not yet announced that they would be closed for the day. I cursed our superintendent, and then set about with getting ready for the day. While I was eating an early breakfast, I heard the news that I had hoped to hear: Waukesha schools were closed! I was ecstatic!
I spent this wonderful Snow Day catching up with our DVR, playing in the snow with Bailey, cleaning, doing some online Christmas shopping, working on some school work, and simply relaxing indoors while watching the snow fall outside! It was a terrific way to spend this snowy day!
It's back to school tomorrow, but for now...it's a Snow Day! Hooray!







0 comments:
Post a Comment