Monday, December 28, 2009

Playoffs, Playoffs?!?

After his first post drew positive commentary and praise from the readers of Good Times, I welcomed and encouraged Jim to write consecutive entries. Until now, Jim had not accepted my invitation to write for Good Times. With time on his hands tonight, Jim sat down to recap our visit to Lambeau Field and to acknowledge and celebrate the Packers' playoff berth with some humorous video clips.

Without further delay, I give you...The Jim!

The Packers are going to the Playoffs, or the “Tournament” as it is now becoming popular to call it.

Becky and I attended the Packer game on Sunday and watched the Packers crush the Seahawks 48-10 to clinch their playoff berth. It was pretty cold and I’ve got to give Becky mad props for not complaining once! I also have to thank her for coming through and getting some good tickets for face value from a co-worker. Nicely done!

The Packers were pretty dominant from the start and in all three phases of the game – even Mason Crosby joined in the fun and kicked a 52 yard field goal. It will be interesting to see how far the Packers go this year, as the favored teams - the Vikings and Saints - have really been struggling lately. As Kevin Garnett says, “anything is possible!”

Well, instead of rambling on and on about the game on Sunday, which I’m sure everyone has either seen or heard enough people talking about, instead I thought I’d share some funny football-related clips from YouTube. Nothing says the holidays like a good old fashion meltdown – so enjoy these infamous football-related flip-outs! Caution – some of people in the clips have potty-mouths, so make sure to put earmuffs on the youths.

(1) Matt Hasselbeck…..Should Have Been More Specific About Which Team Was Going to Score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpowxGfVFE

(2) Jim Mora…..What Did You Really Think About Your Team’s Performance?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw6ytSyHUFM&feature=related


(4) Dennis Green……Is Not Hooked on Phonics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_N1OjGhIFc


0 comments:

Post a Comment