Friday, January 15, 2010

Pants on the Ground

American Idol returned to the air on Tuesday night, and I, of course, was watching. On Wednesday night, Jim sat next to me as I watched the Atlanta auditions. He asked why I watch the show (Jim has never understood my fascination with reality TV), but proceeded to be entertained by the characters trying out in front of the judges. The episode ended with the following audition, given by 62 year-old General Larry Platt.


The Original:


Following his audition, Simon predicted that Platt's original song could take the country by storm. That it has. "Pants on the Ground" is everywhere. And guess who can't get enough? That's right - Jim! Yesterday, he insisted on singing the song at every chance he could get just to annoy me. Jim tells me that he wouldn't be singing the song if I didn't watch so much television.

The song has already been remixed and parodied on television and the web. Jim found the following clip of Jimmy Fallon performing a version of the song as Neil Young:

Jimmy Fallon's Rendition:


Pants on the ground, pants on the ground, lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground...

0 comments:

Post a Comment