Sunday, January 31, 2010

Good Eats: White Chocolate Party Mix

I found myself thinking about this delicious mix earlier today (Isn't it sad that I think so much about food during the day?), and thought it appropriate to post the recipe. It's been some time since I've made it; I just might need to fix up a batch sometime soon! Enjoy!

Recipe for: White Chocolate Party Mix
From: Better Homes and Gardens Holiday Drinks and Appetizers

Ingredients:
4 cups bite-size pretzels
2 1/2 cups round toasted oat cereal
2 1/2 cups bite-size corn sqaure cereal
1 cup salted peanuts
1 cup candy-coated milk chocolate pieces (8 oz.)
2 cups white baking pieces (12 oz.)
1 Tbsp. shortening

Directions:
1. In large bowl, combine pretzels, oat cereal, corn cereal, peanuts, and milk chocolate pieces; set aside.
2. In medium microwave-safe bowl, combine white baking pieces and shortening. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until baking pieces are melted, stirring every minute until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; toss gently to coat.
3. Spread on large piece of waxed paper to cool. Break apart large clusters. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment