Sunday, January 10, 2010

Good Eats: Borracho Chicken

This past summer, I borrowed Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade: Slow Cooker Recipes from my sister and kept it for months before I was forced to give it back. I should have guessed that she would present me with the cookbook as a Christmas gift. Not only did she give me that cookbook, but also its sequel: Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade: Slow Cooker Recipes 2! What a 'sis!

Over the last two weeks, we've sampled a few of the recipes from both cookbooks and have enjoyed all of our meals. Today's Good Eats recipe comes from the second cookbook, and its a keeper!

Thank you, Sue, for the cookbooks. I've enjoyed cooking from them!

Recipe for: Borracho Chicken
From: Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade: Slow Cooker Recipes 2

Ingredients:
2 cans (16 oz. each) pinto beans, undrained, Bush's
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
Salt and pepper
2 cans (10 oz.) each Mexican diced tomatoes, Ro-Tel
1/4 cup gold tequila, Jose Cuervo
1 tablespoon salt-free fajita seasoning, The Spice Hunter

Directions:
1. Place pinto beans in the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker.
2. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker on top of pinto beans.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together diced tomatoes, tequila, and fajita seasoning. Pour over chicken.
4. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 3 to 4 hours.

1 comments:

Mtbkr said...

Oh seester...you are very welcome!!! Sandra Lee sends her best...ta ta.

Post a Comment