Monday, August 22, 2011

Boston Harbor Sunset Cruise

Jim and I marked the end of a very full day of sightseeing with a beautiful sunset cruise of the Boston harbor.  We dodged a few raindrops as we walked to the wharf, but once aboard our boat it was smooth and sunny sailing, though it did get a little chilly the further that we sailed from shore. 

We had taken a similar cruise of the Seattle Harbor when we visited the city last summer, and knew that we had wanted to reserve spots on a cruise while in Boston.  The cruise afforded us views of the city and the skyline that we wouldn't have otherwise had the chance to see.  I took about 20,045 pictures of the sun setting behind the Boston skyline (Don't worry - I'll just show you a few).

After disembarking from the boat, Jim and I capped the night off with a seafood dinner at Legal Sea Foods. 

Sailboats in the harbor

Sailing away from the city

Conley Container Terminal

Fort Warren, which defended the harbor from 1861 through the end of WWII

Fishing boat

Logan Internation Airport is situated right on the harbor.  We watched many planes land and take off (and fly right over us) while on the boat.

Old boat

The city was sparkling in the sunset!

Jim and I decided that we're going to quit our jobs, sell our house, and move into these condos right on the water.

Beautiful Boston skyline

0 comments:

Post a Comment