Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Freedom Trail: Old State House to Boston Common

After arriving safely back at our hotel, we dropped off our brewery souvenirs and immediately returned to the streets to pick up The Freedom Trail at the Old State House and walk toward Boston Common.  This particular portion of The Freedom Trail led us past the Old South Meeting House, the Old Corner Bookstore, and the Granary Burial Ground before taking us into Boston Common, where the trail ends.  From Boston Common, Jim and I walked across the street to the Public Garden, home to the Make Way for Ducklings sculpture.  The sculpture was on my list of "Must See" attractions to visit while in Boston.  Apparently, it was on the lists of many, many others as well.  It was pure madness around the ducklings; I waited at least 10 minutes for an open shot of the sculpture. 

With our patience tested, it was time for a drink!  We left the madness behind and went to Cheers, where we were disappointed to discover that they did not know our names (HA!  I crack myself up!).  After some refreshments and a shared app, we headed back outside to take the trail back toward our hotel.

On our last day in Boston, we retraced our steps along this portion of the trail to go to breakfast in Beacon Hill.  We took a leisurely pace back to our hotel that morning, enjoying the beauty of the Beacon Hill neighborhood as well as the Public Garden and Boston Common. 

As promised, here is the second half of our walk along The Freedom Trail.  I was tempted to set the pictures to George Michael's "Freedom" again, but I ultimately decided against it.  I'm not that cruel. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment