Sunday, August 28, 2011

Good Eats: Lemon Garlic Spaghetti

So are you pinning yet?  Yes, I mean you, Chris.  No?  Well, maybe this post will convince you to start! 

This summer, I was introduced to a website named Pinterest by way of a friend on Facebook.  With no one to guide me through the use of the website, it took me some time to figure out what the site is all about.  Basically, it's a virtual bulletin board that allows you to "pin" your favorite recipes, outfits, crafts, quotes, and more to boards that you can share with your friends who are also members of the site.  Once I figured out the basics, I was addicted!  I literally spent hours "pinning" favorites until I finally put some of those favorites to use! 

We have sampled several recipes that I have found on Pinterest, including a sausage and pepper casserole, chocolate covered frozen banana bites, and this lemon garlic spaghetti.  It was delicious!  We paired it with grilled chicken.  It was PERFECT. 

Had I never joined Pinterest, our worlds would never have been changed by this lemon garlic spaghetti.  Thank goodness I pin.  You really should, too!

Recipe for:  Lemon Garlic Spaghetti
From:  http://www.inomthings.com/ (by way of www.pinterest.com)

Ingredients:
4 oz. dry spaghetti (I doubled the recipe and used 8 oz.)
1/4 cup grated parmesan (I used 1/2 cup)
2 teaspoons olive oil (I used 4)
1 clove garlic (I used 2)
1/2 lemon (I used a whole)
2 tablespoons pine nuts (I used 4)
5-6 basil leaves, chiffonaded (I used 10-12)

Directions:
1.  Pour olive oil and garlic into a small pan and let it cook over low, until the garlic starts to brown on edges.  Immediately remove from heat and reserve.
2.  Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
3.  Chiffonade (tear)  the basil leaves.
4.  Combine the cheese, pine nuts, and garlic oil (garlic chunks and all) in a large bowl.  Squeeze in lemon juice.  Add cooked spaghetti and toss until well combined. 
5.  Season with black pepper and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment