For months now, I have featured a different recipe in the "Good Eats" section on the blog. Unfortunately, there has been no way for readers to access those recipes once I take them down so that I can put other recipes in their places.
My sister suggested that I enter any new recipes as posts so that they are saved and accessible to you. From here on out, then, I will feature a new recipe in every Sunday edition of Good Times. You will be able to find all recipes in the blog archives.
Today's recipe is one that was featured in the "Good Eats" section a few months back: Lazy-Day Overnight Lasagna. This is an awesome make-ahead lasagna recipe that I've made quite a few times on a Sunday evening so that I could simply pop a pan into the oven on Monday night. Enjoy!
Recipe for: Lazy-Day Overnight Lasagna
From: Pillsbury Casseroles and Slow Cooker
Ingredients:
1 lb. mild bulk Italian pork sausage or ground beef
1 jar (26 to 28 oz.) tomato pasta sauce
1 cup water
1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 egg
8 oz. uncooked lasagna noodles
1 package (16 oz.) sliced mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:
1. In 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until no longer pink. Drain well. Stir in pasta sauce and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
2. In medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, chives, oregano, and egg.
3. In ungreased 13 x 9 inch (3 quart) glass baking dish or lasagna pan, spread 1 1/2 cups of the meat sauce. Top with half each of the uncooked noodles, ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese. Repeat with 1 1/2 cups meat sauce and remaining noodles, ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover; refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Uncover baking dish; bake 50 to 60 minutes or until noodles are tender and casserole is bubbly. Cover; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment