Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sleazeball

Last night, I wasted three hours of my life watching "the most dramatic and shocking finale" in the history of The Bachelor. After blogging about the show a couple weeks ago, I heard many rumors and conspiracy theories regarding this season's conclusion. One of the rumors that I heard involved bachelor Jason Mesnick choosing and proposing to Melissa (pictured above) in the show's finale episode, and then dumping her during the reunion special. When I heard this particular rumor, I hoped that it was only a rumor, and that Jason would have more class than to reject his fiance on national television.

The rumor came to fruition last night, when Jason did indeed dump Melissa in front of a national audience. After proposing to Melissa in the final episode, Jason and Melissa spent six weeks together. During that time, Jason claimed that something changed between them, and that he could not stop thinking about Molly (the runner-up). Melissa responded to Jason by calling him a "bastard" and letting him know that he should not call her or contact her in any way.

As if it wasn't sleazy enough for Jason to dump Melissa on television (he now says he was contractually obligated to do so), he then told Molly that he was still in love with her. She admitted that she still had feelings for him, and they proceeded to MAKE OUT! Melissa wasn't even out of the television studio for 15 minutes, and Jason had already begun sucking face with Molly! What a sleazeball!

Tonight ABC will air The Bachelor: After the Final Rose (Part 2), during which it is rumored that Jason will now propose to Molly. Molly would be smart to refuse his proposal. In another six weeks, Jason may decide that the chemistry between the two of them has changed, and he will dump her.

This just goes to show that the matches made on television don't last long after the cameras stop rolling, which is why I should stop watching.

0 comments:

Post a Comment