Though he was still a bit vague, he estimated that after a gap between two upper teeth closes (The space had been created in preparation for surgery), it will be about six weeks before the braces can come off. So, depending on how long it takes for my teeth to shift, I could be looking at getting the braces removed in May or June. My hope is that the braces are off by the time summer vacation begins.
During my next ortho appointment, Dr. Lepinski is going to begin putting the finishing touches on my new smile by filing some of the teeth. I'm sure that it sounds strange to some that I am excited to get my teeth filed, but if it means that I'm that much closer to a new smile, then I'm game!
I'm already so pleased with the changes in my smile and in my bite. I still find myself looking twice at my reflection at times, amazed at how my face has changed since the surgery. The change is slight to others, but it is quite apparent to me!
Take a look at this picture shot shortly before the braces were put on my teeth:
Pretty gnarly smile, huh? I can't believe that it took me as long as it did to decide to go through with braces and surgery.This photo was taken in December, about 3 months after upper and lower jaw surgery:
So much better! I think I was still a little swollen here, but check out my face! My "Jay Leno" chin is gone! No more snaggly teeth! I can't wait to see what I'll look like in another 3 months!







1 comments:
I've known you for so long the way you were that if I don't see you for a month or so I have to do a double take. Yay for braces coming off soon!
Post a Comment