Monday, March 23, 2009

Kids are Funny (and Gross)

Because I spend my workdays with a class of five and six year olds, I know that children say the darndest things. I've always wanted to record the comments made by children so that I can publish them in a book someday, but I never seem to remember to get them down on paper. When I was teaching preschool-aged children in college, one of my students said of another child who had moved away, "He moved to Mexico - He moved to the new Mexico, not the old Mexico." You just can't help but chuckle at that!

This morning, Brandon greeted me with, "Mrs. Auerbach, look at my new ears fluffs (ear muffs)!" I laughed and said, "Those are awesome new ears fluffs!" Later, when a pile of books disappeared from a table, Skylar suggested that a "robin" (robber) had stolen them. Too funny!

It's a good thing that kids are so cute, because they are also pretty gross. Last week, I was writing underneath Allison's writing when I put my hand into a smear of boogers that had been wiped on the page! EWWW! (I'm moving my jaw back and forth like Ernest might while typing EWWW!)

Jim and I always say that it's a good thing that Bailey is as cute as he is, or we might have kicked him to the curb by now with all of his naughty and disgusting behaviors. Kids and dogs aren't really that different from each other!

1 comments:

Jj said...

I've been saying kids and dogs are the same for years! And I've also said that when I can kennel a kid for eight hours at a year old, maybe then I would consider breeding!

Boogers are so gross, but funny.

Post a Comment