Thursday, March 5, 2009

High Hopes

While making my final trip to return movie rentals to Blockbuster this afternoon, I drove past the future site of The Shoppes at Fox River on Sunset Drive. The construction of the shopping center began last summer, and is scheduled to be completed by July 2009. As you can see from the illustration above, the shopping center will be anchored by Target (Hooray!) and Pick n' Save (Another Pick n' Save - seriously? How about a Sendik's?).

A while back, it was rumored that the developer of the property was considering Noodles & Company and Buffalo Wild Wings as two of the restaurants to be located in the shopping center. As readers of GT know, it has been my complaint that Waukesha lacks many of the restaurants and stores that I like to frequent. Noodles is one of those restaurants. We also frequent Buffalo Wild Wings, but Jim is the bigger fan.

After passing the construction site today, I thought I'd do a little online research to see if I could uncover any truth behind the rumor that I had heard months ago. According to the information found at www.biztimes.com and published on January 14th, Noodles and Buffalo Wild Wings are indeed among the future tenants of The Shoppes at Fox River!

I know that I shouldn't get my hopes too high, but I am excited by my discovery. If all goes according to plan, I'll be just minutes from Noodles and Target! And maybe they'll put a Starbucks inside of the Target...

0 comments:

Post a Comment