Sunday, March 15, 2009

Showered with Love


This afternoon, Jim's mom and I hosted a baby shower for Kristen and Chris, who are expecting their first child (a boy) in May. We played a few games, enjoyed a large lunch spread and an even bigger selection of desserts made by Grandma Joan, and showered the mom-to-be with gifts for the new baby.

Jim's mom, Deb, made this diaper cake. Isn't it cute? She estimates that she used 180 diapers to build the cake!

The actual cake was pretty adorable, too!

Check out the dessert spread! We could choose from cake and five different types of bars (or you could opt to eat a sampling of each, as I did!)!


Kristen opened many presents, each accompanied by a book. Books were requested instead of cards, so that Kristen and Chris can start building a library of books for the baby.

The parents-to-be posed for a photo with members of Chris's family.


The mom-to-be posed with her relatives (Do you remember the song "One of These Things Is Not Like the Other" from Sesame Street? Well, this photo and every photo taken with Jim's clan reminds me of the song. I look freakishly tall in this group!)

Kristen and Chris will make Deb and Steve first-time grandparents upon the arrival of Baby Keely!


I am excited to meet baby Keely and to become an "Auntie" once again!

2 comments:

Mtbkr said...

You look like a giant...thanks for the laugh!

Mtbkr said...

Cool cakes too! Kristen and Chris look good...and happy. I wish them luck!

Post a Comment