
Since I began straightening my hair about 3 months ago, my curls have disappeared from my hair! Between straightening and when attempting to wear it curly, I have noticed that my hair has gone straight on the ends.
I've tried everything to get my hair back to the way it was. My hair stylist, suspicious that it was build-up that has been weighing my hair down, suggested that I stop using the products that I've been using for years. I haven't used those products in weeks now, and I haven't noticed an improvement. My hair stylist also recommended that I come in for a Malibu treatment, which would strip my hair of any chemicals or build-up. I went in for the application two weeks ago, and though I have noticed that my hair looks brighter and cleaner, it hasn't curled up any more for me.
My friend Shelly has kindly suggested that I'm going through a hormonal change that may be affecting my hair type. When I asked her what hormonal change I might be going through, she (again, so very kindly) said that I could be going through menopause.
I am hopeful that I am not going through menopause at age 31, but am just experiencing the combined effects of straightening my hair, dry winter air, and wearing my hair at a longer length than normally do. I'm going to make an appointment to get my hair cut soon, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the haircut and the humid Punta Cana air will spring some life back into my curls.
Meanwhile, I'm going to have to work for any curls that I might want. I actually have taken to curling my hair! Do you know that I've never had to work for my curls? I don't like it one bit!







1 comments:
Hormonal changes, huh? Maybe you're pregnant?
Post a Comment