Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dog in Disguise

Area students will first return to classrooms on Tuesday, but local retailers have already found the need to stock store shelves with Halloween candy and costumes. I was at Target last week when I noted that the Back-to-School section was being moved to make room for Halloween merchandise, and at Michael's, I was spooked by a life-size skeleton that stood in the middle of an aisle.

With Halloween around the corner, Bailey has begun to think about this year's costume. He has worn a different costume each year, and has purchased each costume from Target. When Bailey was 1, he was a devil (He still is). Bailey dressed as a bumblebee when he was 2. When Bailey was 3, he wore a rooster costume and hated every minute of it. At 4 years old, Bailey put on the garb of a prisoner.

Bailey has yet to decide what he will dress as this year. He could "go green" and recycle a costume from a prior Halloween, but what fun would that be? After visiting Target, I told Bailey that he would need to choose from the following costumes: hot dog, banana, lobster, or turtle. He is currently mulling over his choices, but he is leaning towards the banana costume. Stay tuned for his decision and pictures!

2005 -Bumblebee

2006 - Rooster

2007 - Pumpkin

2008 - Prisoner

2 comments:

dria said...

So cute. I vote for the hot dog. I bought that costume last year for Shooter, the big dog. It looked pretty funny on an 85 pound dog. Needless to say, I returned it because it didn't quite fit around his slim tummy.

Mtbkr said...

I think he should go as Jon Gosselin...the world hasn't seen enough of him! Or, my second choice would be the lobster...then the turtle...in that order...you are talking turtle in a shell though...not turtle from Entourage...right?

Post a Comment