I am posting my 7th grade assignment here for your amusement; it certainly made me laugh when I came across it!
Me at 43
Well, here I am at 43. I'm married now, with 4 children. My husband's name is Chris Rushmore and we have been married for 18 years. My children's names and ages are Stacey 16, Kristy 12, Tiffany 8, and Kyle 3. I'm now pregnant and about due for my 5th child.
We live at 1907 W. Redwood Lane in an enormous mansion in San Francisco, California. I take care of my parents now, because unfortunately, they're not able to support themselves.
I'm very rich, because I make my living as a children's book author and in my spare time I play piano in nightclubs. Also, my husband is a lawyer. I got my education at Yale University, where I first met my husband.
My hobbies are writing, reading, and drawing. I also spend my time relaxing on my private yacht with my two cats. I spend a fair amount of my time shopping. Well, got to go; time for the next baby! ~ Becky Burch
Reading through this gem of a keepsake now, I am struck by the following thoughts:
1. Four children with 1 on the way?!? Jim and I better get crackin' if we're going to achieve that goal. I should have already had Stacey and Kristy by now!
2. Of course we live in California; I think every middle-schooler wants to live in California or Florida when they grow up.
3. What an awful comment to write about my parents!
4. So, I'm a children's book author, a nightclub pianist, and a mom to 4 with one on the way with "spare" time to relax and practice hobbies? Right.
5. Who would want to see a 9-month pregnant, 43-year old woman playing piano in a nightclub?
6. Why do I have 2 cats? I'm terribly allergic to cats, and have been since I was younger. I can never imagine owning a cat, let alone 2!
7. Where did I get the money to go to Yale?
I could go on and on...what was wrong with me? I didn't have much of a grasp on reality, that's for sure.







4 comments:
Oh my goodness, that really made me laugh! Thanks for sharing!
That's seriously precious!
So, let us know when your next piano gig is!
Now you make me want to find mine!! I am pretty sure I have it around here somewhere and I am sure it goes something very similar to yours!!!!
Post a Comment