Sunday, August 23, 2009

How Corny

Yesterday, Jim and I were joined by family and friends in celebrating my new smile during a backyard corn roast. Though I took a small bite out of a cob while at the State Fair, yesterday marked my first full corn on the cob since my braces went on my teeth two years ago. I was not disappointed! The corn was sweet and juicy. Jim did some of his finest work manning the grill yesterday!

Everyone seemed to enjoy the corn, but Dakota loved it! She had never tasted corn before yesterday's roast, but I have a feeling that she'll be eating lots more corn in the future! She liked her first bites of corn so much that she kept asking for more! Sue ate very little from the cob that she had prepared for herself, as Dakota did so much eating from it!

Enjoy the following pictures from the corn roast. Thank you to all who could join us in celebrating my new smile yesterday!

Guests prepare corn with butter and seasoning.

Liza and Sara sink their teeth into a couple cobs.

Grillmaster Jim takes a break to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

Baby Samara begs for corn.

Dakota takes her first bite of corn.

More, mama, more!

Mom enjoys her corn and other party fare.

Shelly gets in on some corny action.

Summit View girls enjoying the last weekend of summer vacation.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sorry I didnt make it to the party Becky! I wanted to go...I had a crappy day at work, got home late and in the middle of making dinner I remembered your corn roast. I am sorry...looks like a good time was had. I swear I am losing my mind. They say thats what happens when you have children.

Post a Comment