Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My New Smile

Over the last two hours, my tongue has been busy exploring my new smile! My mouth doesn't feel like my own, and doesn't look like what I knew of my smile prior to orthodontics! It's the new Becky!

I'm amazed at the job that both my orthodontist and my surgeon did in straightening my teeth and correcting my bite! I finally have the smile that I've always wanted!

Of course, I'll have to wear a retainer on both my upper and lower teeth for 6 months straight. The retainers will take some getting used to. Right now, I gag when I wear them. I also feel as though I can't speak without sounding like an idiot. They said that it will take a few days to adjust to talking with the retainers in.

Jim and I are headed to the Fair to celebrate tonight. My teeth aren't too sore, so I might attempt my first corn on the cob in 2 years!

Here are some DIY shots of my new smile:

2 comments:

dria said...

How exciting! Your new smile looks great! I hope you enjoy all the tasty treats a non-braces mouth will bring.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Becky you look GREAT!!!! I am very happy for you!!

Post a Comment