Thursday, August 13, 2009

Good Stuff


Jim always complains that I never throw anything away. After spending nearly four hours sifting though boxes upon boxes of keepsakes from my formative years, I have to agree with my husband: I keep everything!

I've been meaning to clean out and organize the boxes that have cluttered our basement shelves for years now, but until today, have always found an excuse not to. With little else to do today and with our house up for sale, I decided that it was finally time to take a trip down memory lane.

And a trip down memory lane it was - I found a plethora of treasures in those cardboard boxes, including:

  • My rubberband ball (I was inspired by Pee-Wee to make one.)
  • My many sticker books (I was obsessed with stickers.)
  • My brownie sash and girl scout vest
  • Grade school and high school yearbooks (Oh, the horror!)
  • Report cards
  • My eighth grade assignment notebook (Apparently, I was in love with a boy named Mike - his name appears inside of a heart drawn on the cover.)
  • School projects
  • Journals and diaries (It was a hoot to read through these!)
  • Ribbons, trophies, and awards
  • Nearly every edition of the DSHA WORD printed between 1992 and 1996
  • My student IDs
  • A copy of my driver's test
  • College acceptance letters
  • Love letters that Jim and I exchanged when we were dating (We just don't profess our love for one another like we used to.)
  • Ticket stubs from concerts and baseball games
  • Birthday cards
  • Photographs

While I kept much of the above, I did fill two garbage bags with trash and I also attempted to organize the keepsakes, which now fill just 3 small boxes (as opposed to the 3 BIG boxes that they came from). Some stuff is just too good to get rid of.

0 comments:

Post a Comment