Most of the food that we served at last Saturday's corn roast was food that I could not enjoy with braces on my teeth. Corn on the cob, caramel apples, and caramel corn were just some of the dishes from which guests could choose. Also on the menu were these hot and sticky wings. I found the recipe in the Sandra Lee cookbook that I had borrowed from my sister and still haven't returned (Perhaps she will forget that I have it). The wings were easy to make, and the meat just fell off the bones. The only negative feedback on the wings was that there weren't enough (Sorry, Chris!)! Next time, I'll have to double the recipe!Recipe for: Hot and Sticky Wings
From: Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade: Slow Cooker Recipes
Ingredients:
3 pounds chicken wings
1 jar (18 ounce) apricot-pineapple preserves, Smuckers (*I couldn't find apricot-pineapple preserves, so I just used apricot preserves.)
1/4 cup ketchup, Heinz
1 packet (1.25 ounce) chipotle taco seasoning mix, Ortega (*I also couldn't find chipotle taco seasoning mix, so I just used original taco seasoning mix.)
1 jalapeno chile pepper, finely diced
Blue cheese salad dressing (optional)
Celery leaves (optional)
Directions:
1. Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Remove tips from chicken wings; discard tips. Cut wings into sections. Place wings, skin sides up, on prepared bakng sheet. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until skin is golden and begins to crisp.
2. Place wings in a 4 quart slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine preserves, ketchup, taco seasoning mix, and jalapeno pepper. Pour over wings, stirring to coat.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. Cool at least 15 minutes. (This allows cooking juices to thicken.)
4. Serve warm or at room temperature with blue cheese salad dressing and celery leaves (optional).







0 comments:
Post a Comment