While the rain poured down this afternoon, I attended a clothing swap hosted by my college friend, Angela. After reading about such an event in a Real Simple magazine article, she decided to try organizing a swap for her friends and family members. To participate in the swap, guests were asked to clean out their closets and drawers and to bring 10 articles of clothing and/or accessory items to the event. When we began preparing our home for sale a few weeks ago, I cleaned out my closet and purged of many pieces of clothing that I no longer wear or no longer fit me. I set some of the clothing aside to bring to the swap today.
Once I arrived to the swap, I tagged my items with color-coded stickers. Then, I received a corresponding color-coded ticket for each item that I donated to the swap. The color coding allowed guests to exchange items of similar value.
After some socializing and snacking, the shopping began! By the time we were finished, we each had 5-10 pieces of "new" clothing that we could take home with us! I brought 12 items to the swap, and went home with 8 pieces that ranged from dress pants to sweaters!
This was my first clothing swap, and I'm already looking forward to my next!







0 comments:
Post a Comment