Monday, August 3, 2009

Good Eats: Cucumber Vinaigrette Salad


This weekend, I noticed that our cucumber plants have suddenly exploded with cucumbers! Some of them are even ready to be picked! About to have numerous cucumbers on my hands, I thought I'd find a recipe or two that will put the cucumbers to good use.
One of my favorite items in the deli at The Fresh Market is the cucumber salad. We usually pick some up every time we visit the store. Today, I visited The Fresh Market web site to find that they post many of their recipes online. Although the cucumber salad recipe that I found at their site may not be the exact salad that they sell in their deli (they put cherry tomatoes and garlic cloves in their salad), I thought that this recipe sounded like it would make another good cucumber salad. I guess I'll find out when I make it!
Recipe for: Cucumber Vinaigrette Salad
From: The Fresh Market
Ingredients:
3 cucumbers, peeled and halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced (about 3 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup red onions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions:
1. Place cucumbers and onion in a bowl. Combine basil and remaining ingredients, pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently.
2. Cover and chill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment