Thursday, August 20, 2009

To Market, To Market

My sister and I had planned to take Dakota to Milwaukee's Lakeshore State Park this morning, but the rain forced us to change our plans. We decided to make a trip down to Milwaukee Public Market to experience its many foods and flavors. It was my first visit to the market, and to be honest, I expected more. It was smaller than I had envisioned it to be, and I had expected to find more fresh fruits and vegetables for purchase. The Market seems to offer more freshly prepared foods for those who come to the market for a meal.

Although the Market did not meet my expectations, I did enjoy strolling through the Market and perusing the flowers, spices, wines, and candies on display. Sue and I both enjoyed the soup and bread that we ordered for lunch, and the sweets that we bought and ate for dessert were decadent. Even Dakota seemed to enjoy her trip to the Market today; she repeatedly said, "Market," while we were there and while we were in the car. She liked her trip to Milwaukee Public Market so much that she agreed that her new stuffed animal (a lizard) should be called "Market".

Sadly, this was most likely my last summer outing with Sue and Dakota, as I will be headed back to school next week. We will have to plan to visit Lakeshore State Park over a vacation period.










0 comments:

Post a Comment