As some of you may know, we once had a problem with teenagers cutting through our backyard on their way to the bus stop early in the morning. The trespassing stopped after I shouted at the punks a few days in a row. Had they continued walking on our property, I had plans to turn the sprinklers on them or to mark the property line with Bailey's poop. Luckily, I did not need to take such measures.
Years later, it now seems as though a new generation of hoodlums has found their way into our yard. Last week, as I stood on the patio in my pajamas with my hair a hot mess and holding Bailey on his leash, I watched as some stink-eyed girl in skinny jeans and a hooded sweatshirt walked across our yard. I said nothing - I didn't need to. Bailey, my dear dog, did all of the "talking" for me. He howled and howled and howled at the lazy skank for breaching his territory. I let him continue, even as she glared at both of us. Before pulling Bailey back inside, I said (loudly enough for her to hear), "Good dog". I have trained him well.
Some of you laugh at me for getting angry at the high school students who traipse through my yard. I know that they could do much worse, but I get upset about the trespassing for the following reasons:
1. It shows no respect for personal property.
2. It demonstrates laziness.
3. It disrupts my morning routine (If Bailey gets upset by the trespassing, he doesn't poop. If he doesn't poop, I need to take him out again before I leave, which costs me an additional 5 minutes.)
4. I don't care to be seen by anyone in my pajamas with my hair a hot mess at 6:30 a.m.
The stink-eyed girl hasn't been back through our yard since that day last week, but Bailey and I are keeping watch for her and any other teenaged trespassers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
You better watch out, teenagers love getting revenge. I wouldn't be surprised if your lawn got forked in the middle of the night!
I love how many times you used hot mess in this post...I think you are completely justified at yelling at the "lazy skanks." I yell at kids all the time in my neighborhood. I'm known as the "white lady with the runnin' dog."
i too love your reference to the lazy skank. nice. we had kids and their MOM cutting through our yard when we moved in. the evil eye seemed to do the trick... i was ready to resort to the dog poop trick as well if it didn't get better.
Post a Comment