Sunday, May 24, 2009

Slick


Today, all of my wildest dreams came true! For years, I have longed for a Dyson vacuum cleaner. Last Christmas, we vowed that we would buy one in lieu of exchanging gifts. Months later, we still had not purchased one. Two weeks ago, it was decided that we would finally buy one, and we began to look for sales (At $350 to $550, the Dyson is no small purchase). We found a sale at Sears today that would save us $80 on the Dyson DC25 Animal, designed specifically for homes with hairy pets.

After bringing it home, I immediately opened the box, assembled the vacuum, and put it to test on our hair-covered floors. Now, I will admit that I had not vacuumed our carpet in weeks. Vacuuming with our former vacuum was never a favorite chore of mine. The vacuum was difficult to push (I seriously worked up a sweat when vacuuming), smelled when in use, and literally fell apart constantly. After one use of the Dyson Animal, however, I can tell you that I will be vacuuming our carpet often. It picked up so much dirt and dog hair that I am embarassed to show the pictures below. Disgusting, right? The Dyson was so easy to maneuver on the carpet and around furniture, and I just could not believe how much the vacuum sucked (in a good way)!

Although I've used the vacuum only once, I strongly believe that it will be worth every penny that we spent on it today!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

It is a goal of mine to someday own one of these gems! I borrowed a friends and put it to use after vacuuming with my current vacuum. I couldn't believe how much cat fur and dust it picked up!

Congrats on your new purchase!

Jj said...

OMG we LOVE the Dyson! We got it with some giftcards from Erin's family a couple years ago.

I'm ALWAYS amazed at how much dirt it picks up, but it's so great...it's definitely worth all the skrilla!

Post a Comment