
Last night, Jim and I braved potential exposure to the swine flu to attend the sold-out Killers concert at The Rave/Eagles Club. We listened to, and sang and danced along with the band from the VIP balcony, where we had an excellent view of lead singer Brandon Flowers and the rest of the group. We happened to be standing right behind the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel writer that reviewed the concert (He gave The Killers a positive review: http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/musicandnightlife/44108822.html). The Killers performed a mix of songs from their three albums, including a few of my favorites: "Spaceman", "Human", and "Mr. Brightside". I had to wait until the very end of the show, though, for my most favorite Killers song: "While You Were Young", which proved to be completely worth the wait.
Jim and I felt young while out at The Rave last night. We drank Miller Lite out of plastic cups (at $7 a pop), and stood in a dimly lit, crowded club. We stayed out late (for us), and went to bed smelling like beer and smoke. Alas, we are not as young as we felt, for getting out of bed this morning was difficult, and we both grew more tired as the day wore on!
Although we will need to recuperate by laying low this evening, we had a great time at the concert!







1 comments:
I love "When You Were Young" too!
But I love most of what they do, they are like modern glam!
Post a Comment