I found very little this week about which to write a full blog post, but did collect a list of random notes and observations which I will now share with you (SPOILER ALERT: If you have been living under a rock for the last week, you may not want to read on, as I do refer to the results of two popular reality TV shows):
1. American Idol is rigged. Though I will watch the two-part finale on Tuesday and Wednesday, I will NOT vote and I will NOT be happy for the winner.
2. For some reason, I continue to receive Teen Vogue addressed to me in the mail (My sister suggested that I must have subscribed to it when my subscription to Tiger Beat ended.) The current issue features articles on "Girl Hot vs. Guy Hot: What's the Deal?", Miley Cyrus, and "Green Beauty Buys Under $20".
3. On Tuesday morning, I found a dead bird just outside our patio door. It must have met its demise when it flew into our door. Before Jim or I could dispose of its remains (We were both waiting for the other to take responsibility for it), its carcass disappeared overnight. It must have made a tasty treat for a creature of the night.
4. I relish the feeling of taking off my shoes at the end of each day. My feet do not get along well with heeled shoes.
5. I was on my way home from school earlier this week when a wild turkey flew in front of my car. I am amazed that a bird of its size can fly!
6. Twice this week, I woke up with the notion that the day was Saturday. What a horrible feeling it was to discover that it was a week day, and thus, a work day.
7. The freshly-made pizzas sold at Pick n' Save are quite good. I picked one up for dinner on Monday night.
8. Also good: the boneless wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. We brought wings home on Thursday night (Boneless wings are 60 cents on Thursdays) to eat while we watched the season finale of The Office.
9. I couldn't be more pleased that "Coach" was voted out of the game on Thursday's episode of Survivor. That guy is a kook.
10. Only 19 school days remain until summer vacation begins!
There you have it. None of these notes could have constituted a full post on the blog, but together, you just might find them of interest.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Go figure...this is one of my favorite posts! Like, what's going on with you and birds this week??? Wierd. Also, good tip on the boneless wings. And yes Idol is rigged and so sorry to hear your subscription to Tiger Beat ended! Take advantage of the Teen Vogue though...anything featuring Miley Cyrus is sure to be a winner and SUPER interesting...plus, I don't know of any other publication that is talking about the "green" movement right now...unique coverage for sure.
Post a Comment