Sunday, May 24, 2009

Good Eats: Mini Fruit Pizzas

With summer approaching, I thought I'd feature a recipe perfect for parties and cookouts. In fact, you could whip these up for a red, white, and blue themed treat to serve at a Memorial Day gathering! I made these for the first time a couple years ago to take to a retirement party. They went incredibly fast, and I received many compliments on them. I hope that you like them, too!

Recipe for: Mini Fruit Pizzas
From: Pillsbury Summer Appetizers

Ingredients:
1 package (18 oz.) Pillsbury Ready to Bake! refrigerated sugar cookies (20 cookies)
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 cups fresh blueberries, sliced strawberries, and kiwifruit
Powdered sugar, if desired

Directions:
1. Bake cookies as directed on package. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat cream cheese, limeade concentrate and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
3. Spread each cookie with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture. Arrange blueberries on top of each. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.

* Tip: For added flavor, sprinkle with toasted slivered almonds or shredded lime peel.
* In addition to - or instead of - the blueberries, top these tiny pizzas with fresh raspberries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment