Since I did not present a Good Eats recipe to my readers last Sunday (Those Miller Park margaritas did me in, remember?), I am once again giving you two recipes on one day. As long as we're talking pasta, I thought I'd dig out one of my favorite recipes for a summer time side dish: Vermicelli with Fresh Herb-Tomato Sauce.
This pasta dish pairs wonderfully with grilled steak, chicken, or fish. It could also be eaten as an entree (It's that good!). It tastes best with fresh ingredients - I usually use tomatoes and herbs from our garden.
Recipe for: Vermicelli with Fresh Herb-Tomato Sauce
From: Pillsbury Simple Summer Recipes
Ingredients:
7 oz. uncooked vermicelli
3 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz.)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
Directions:
1. Cook and drain vermicelli as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
3. Gently stir cooked vermicelli into tomato mixture to coat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Thanks for posting these recipes! Erin and I (hopefully) going to grow tomatoes this summer and I will use this recipe!
Post a Comment