Sunday, May 17, 2009

Good Eats: Mozzarella Dip

This late-night edition of Good Eats brings you a recipe for a dip often served in the staff lounge at Summit View Elementary. Every Friday, a different group of teachers provides snacks for the staff of the school. It was on one such Friday last year that I first tasted this dip. It took me a while to hunt down the bearer of such deliciousness, but I was eventually able to track down the recipe.

As I was making the dip recently to take to school the following day, Jim asked why I didn't make the dip for the sole purpose of eating at home. I told him that if I did, he and I would eat it in entirety, and I would inevitably be blamed for allowing the situation to occur by making the dip in the first place.

Enjoy!

Recipe for: Mozzarella Dip
From: Summit View Elementary Staff Lounge

Ingredients:
12 oz. finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1 pint real mayonnaise
8 oz. sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
2 tablespoons minced dry onions
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. Mix everything together except mozzarella cheese. Blend well.
2. Add mozzarella cheese. Stir.
3. Store in container overnight to allow flavors to mingle.
4. Serve chilled. Pairs well with pretzels!

1 comments:

Jj said...

Becky, I (or rather Erin) have a really good recipe for a 4 cheese dip, served warm...Let me know if you want the recipe...I will email it to you.

Post a Comment