Every May, I make a Mother's Day cookbook with my kindergarten students. In the cookbook, I record the recipes (as told from a child's perspective) for each child's favorite food made by his or her own mother. I also ask the children to tell me a little about themselves for an "About the Author" section, and lastly, to explain why their mothers are special.
Tonight, I was typing the students' recipes and answers to the interview questions when I came across Brody's recipe for Buttered Noodles as recorded by my instructional assistant. Under Brody's recipe was his answer to the question, "Why is your mom special?" Here is what Brody had to say: "My mom is special because she brings me to places like restaurants. She pays the mortgage on our house so we don't live in the streets. She waters the plants so we can have a beautiful garden." HA! Brody's answer made me laugh; I just had to share it here.
Moms, it's the little things that you do that matter to your children. Most of the children told me that they loved their moms because they play with them, they read to them, and they take care of them. Know that those little things do not go unnoticed and unappreciated by your children or by the teachers that work with them!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment