Thursday, June 11, 2009

Clever, Creative, and Cute

Clever: Today, I received a few gifts of thanks from my students. One of my kindergartners gave me a gift bag filled with packages of thank you note cards. What a clever, practical way to say "Thanks"! Any gift is thoughtful, but I receive plenty of candles, chocolates, and bottles of lotion each year; thank you cards are much more useful.

Creative: When I came home from school today, I found an envelope from my sister-in-law, Kristen, in our mailbox. Inside was an adorable pocket-sized book of pictures of my new nephew (and soon-to-be Godson), Connor. How creative is that? And can I mention impressive for a busy, new mom?!?


Cute: While cleaning the tables at school earlier today, I cut my arm with the paint scraper that I use to remove glue from the table tops. I didn't notice that I was bleeding profusely until a minute or two later. I ran to the sink, rinsed my arm, and then held a paper towel on my wound as I walked back into my classroom. Of course, my students had to gather around me to find out what had happened. Zoe then asked in the sweetest way, "Do you want me to help you put on a Band-Aid?" How cute! She's one of the students that I'll have difficulty saying "Good-bye" to tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment